Black Beacon Books is an independent publisher based in Brisbane, Australia.
What are our aims?
- To promote short fiction and novellas. We have nothing against novels here at BBB and plan to publish novels eventually, but we absolutely love the shorter forms, particularly anthologies.
- To bring exciting and intriguing tales to the reading public. We will be looking for dark fiction (and non-fiction in some cases) that falls into the genres of mystery, suspense, psychological horror, adventure, black humour and the just plain weird. Tales that entertain and, at the same time, have something to say about society and the human condition will be highly regarded.
- To promote, as much as possible, Australian writers. In some cases, we will exclusively seek work from Brisbane writers.
Where will our books be available?
- Online as both ebooks and in print.
- Print copies will also be available in local (Brisbane) bookshops.
Who are we?
Black Beacon Books was founded by Cameron Trost who will act as the editor-in-chief. Cameron is a published author, active member of the QWC and AHWA, and an experienced English teacher and French to English translator.
Collaborations are more than welcome. Designers, guest editors and proof-readers will be sought for specific publications. All contributors of fiction and art will be paid for their work, but it is not possible at this stage to offer a wage to contributors.
Can I submit my work?
Yes! Guidelines here.