Wednesday 9 October 2024

A Glimpse of the Ghostly: L.P. Ring

The Black Beacon Book of Ghosts will send shivers up your spine this Halloween. The Kindle version is already available for pre-order at just $1.99 instead of $3.99 and you can add the anthology to your Goodreads "want to read" list today. The anthology will be officially released on the 11th of October 2024. To get you in the mood and give you a little insight into the workings of their minds, our contributing authors are sharing their own haunting experiences with you. Read on, if you're not fainthearted!

A Haunted Place - L.P. Ring

Back in the days before schoolwork, class schedules, or Super Mario, I was sat in the car with Mum when she pointed out her window and said “that house is haunted”. In my memory, I asked for details. In my memory, I looked at that unpainted two-storey with its dark windows, overgrown garden, and forbidding silence, and gawped at what beasts or ghouls chuckled or howled within. Truthfully, I probably did neither of those. The moment almost certainly passed in a grey blur. We continued onto the supermarket or wherever, and the kid strapped into the passenger seat said - or thought - not much of anything about that place. Much of what has grown from those few, whizzed-by seconds comes from movies, games, and books. That gloomy, ignored residence that still exists in my memory, down a stony, overgrown path behind a padlocked gate stretches upwards. It grumbles and carps, demands sustenance, and as part of our co-dependency, I toss it scraps, morsels, or maybe even the odd meal. Being honest, to echo my favorite author Stephen King, I find feeding that house fun. And if you’re reading this, I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment