The Black Beacon Book of Horror 2 will be released on the 1st of October, but in the meantime, the Kindle version is available for pre-order at just $1.99 instead of $3.99 and you can add the anthology to your Goodreads TBR list. To get you pumpkin-spiced up for an unforgettable Halloween 2026, we’re interviewing the contributing authors. Step into the corridors of their dark minds, if you dare!
Hi Shelly,
Can you describe your perfect horror-themed night in, out, or away?
Are there any urban legends, folktales, or real-life tales of horror that happened (just maybe) where you live or grew up?
I grew up during the Night Stalker era. As I understood it, the satanic serial killer Richard Ramirez crawled through windows to murder (mostly) women, and his first victim was a 9-year-old girl. I always imagined him perched on the roof waiting for the one night I forgot to latch my window.
Do you have any writing rituals?
Coffee.
Would you share something about yourself that your readers don’t know yet?
I had an insane ouija board experience at 13. I imagine it’s quite common for horror authors.
Where can we find you online?
Most of my links are on shellylyons.com - On TikTok I’m DollTerror13.