The Black Beacon Book of Horror 2 will be released on the 1st of October, but in the meantime, the Kindle version is available for pre-order at just $1.99 instead of $3.99 and you can add the anthology to your Goodreads TBR list. To get you pumpkin-spiced up for an unforgettable Halloween 2026, we’re interviewing the contributing authors. Step into the corridors of their dark minds, if you dare!
Hi Esme,
No, you just have to have met horrible people. OK, perhaps I’m only half joking, but I do think this rings true for anyone who has experienced bullying. I think that I write horror to rationalise and debunk my own fears or to process events from the past. I have always felt drawn to the dark and strange or to the things I don’t understand. Darkness is inherent to human nature and society, and I believe this should be acknowledged rather than ignored. Fiction is a good way to explore this.
Which horror writers do you admire—old or new, famous or hidden gems?
I admire Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Bram Stoker, Shirley Jackson and Shaun Hamill for the originality of their ideas, the quality of their writing and their ability to invoke real unease or fear in the reader.
Can you describe your perfect horror-themed night in, out, or away?
A fancy-dress Halloween party with lots of spooky decorations, a Halloween playlist, and horror-themed food and drink is my idea of fun.
Are there any urban legends, folktales, or real-life tales of horror that happened (just maybe) where you live or grew up?
Sadly, no!
Do you have any writing rituals?
A coffee and a silent house normally do the trick. Sometimes I might play a bit of Radiohead or burn essential oils, but I try to minimise distractions so I can become immersed in the story I’m writing.
Would you share something about yourself that your readers don’t know yet?
I have been told that I come across as confident. This blows my mind, as I consider myself quite a fearful person (hence, writing horror to face my fears). It has taken a long time to build up my self-esteem, and even now I’m still plagued by self-doubt, particularly with the writing.
Where can we find you online?

No comments:
Post a Comment