Wednesday 11 October 2023

Horror Anthology: Micah Castle

The Black Beacon Book of Horror will be released on Friday the 13th of October; the Kindle version is available for pre-order at just $1.99 instead of $3.99 and you can add the anthology to your Goodreads list today. To get you in the mood for a particularly spooky Halloween this year, we’re interviewing the contributing authors. The first Black Beacon Book of Horror is bound to give you the creeps!

Hi Micah,

Why do you write horror?

I don’t really know. It's just always been the most interesting and enjoyable to write.

Is there a story behind your story in this anthology?

I just had this image of a little girl with a violin standing in front of a lake at night that wouldn’t leave my mind. I also don’t write too many sea horror stories, so I didn’t want to put the idea aside like other story ideas.

Do you have an all-time favourite horror tale?

It’s hard to choose just one, but it’s probably The Picture of Dorian Gray.

What books did you grow up reading?

I wasn’t a huge reader growing up, but like most kids in the 90s, I read exclusively Goosebumps. I didn’t really get into reading until my late teens and early twenties.

Do you have any writing rituals?

Not exactly a ritual, but a schedule. About an hour and a half to three hours in the morning every day. On weekdays, I’ll write for about an hour or so in the afternoon, and at night, for another thirty minutes to an hour. I’m privileged to be able to write as much as I do.

Would you share something about yourself that your readers don’t know yet?

I run the underground metal website/page/etc. Pig Squeals And Breakdowns. Not as much as I used to, though.

Where can we find you online?

I can found found on my website, www.micahcastle.com, Twitter, www.twitter.com/micah_castle, and Facebook, www.facebook.com/themicahcastle.

Thanks for answering our questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment